Nayland Choir is an unauditioned SATB choir of about 40 singers. It's tricky to define – a bit of a cross between a small choral society and a community choir! We sing a wide range of classical and sometimes lighter repertoire, always aiming to enjoy both the singing and the social side. After some informal outdoor singing sessions last summer to get back into singing post-lockdowns, we had a joyful return to rehearsing and concerting together in the autumn. New members always welcome - come and try out a rehearsal to see if this is the choir for you! See NaylandChoir.org or https://www.facebook.com/NaylandChoirUK for more information or to enquire about coming along.
Next term (autumn 2022) we will be preparing for a Christmas concert on December 11th. We rehearse in the school hall on Thursday evenings
Recent events include:
- A Little Light Music : music - with a light supper - for a summer's evening by Cole Porter, Leonard Bernstein and Stephen Sondheim.
- Platinum Anthems: Mozart Mass in C and Handel Coronation Anthem no 4, in St Marys Church Stoke by Nayland (March 2022)
- Oh Sing Joyfully! featuring Vivaldi Gloria, St James' Church Nayland, (November 2021)
- Jubilate! A concert of music for choir and brass, including Bruckner motets and the Gloria by John Rutter (November 2019)
- Midsummer Cabaret - an informal concert of jazz standards and excerpts from shows, accompanied by saxophone quartet, with the audience seated at tables and enjoying wine, cheese and strawberries throughout!
- Airs for Armistice - a concert of music of composers who were writing during WW1 - with music by familiar and less well-known composers, acompanied by harp and piano
Go to NaylandChoir.org for more information and to enquire about joining.